Newsletter: Term 1, Week 10
Thursday 30th March
Just a quick update this week to fill you in on a few happenings around the school and upcoming events and dates for the final week of Term 1 and the start of Term 2. We can hardly believe we are already at the end of another term. As always, thank you for your continued support and care for our school and community.
It was wonderful to see so many families in and around the school over the last two weeks with Parent Teacher Interviews and our Open Day Expo celebrations. We also continue to run our school tours for 2024 Foundation enrolments, and a gentle reminder if you have siblings commencing with us next year (or know of families looking to enrol) to please contact Karen in the office for an enrolment package or to book a tour.
A big thank you to all those who took part in the recent Principal Discernment feedback meetings, for those unable to attend you will have received a SeeSaw post with a link to allow you to offer your thoughts and ideas on the leadership needs of St Augustine’s.
Next week we have our Easter Prayer reflection in the hall on Tuesday afternoon after the 2nd break at 2:15pm - we welcome all our families to attend this celebration.
We have had a number of queries around end of term times - this may change in the future under DOBCEL policy but for this term will remain the same with Thursday finishing at 1:45pm
Term 2 we have our Athletic’s Day Carnival on Week 2 Friday 5th May as well as our school photos on Wednesday 3rd May. Please see below for a full list of dates for Term 1 & 2.
Bambi Afford & Shaun Mohr
Term 1 Dates
- Easter Prayer Tuesday 4th April 2:15
- End of Term time - Friday 1:45pm
Term 2 commences - Monday 24th April
- ANZAC Day Public Holiday - Tuesday 25th April
- Enrolment mass for Confirmation group - Sunday 30th April, 9am
- Confirmation group sessions X 4 Begin Tuesday 2nd 5:30 in the Hall (2nd, 9th,16th,23rd)
- School Photos - Wednesday 3rd May
- Athletic’s Carnival-Whole school - Friday 5th May
- Mother’s Day Liturgy - Friday 12th May Time TBC
- SAC Meeting - Thursday 25th May 3:30
- Confirmation Celebration - Sunday 28th May, 9am
- Grade 6 Camp Wed - Fri 7th June - 9th June
- Public Holiday - Monday 12th June
- Grade 5 Camp - Tues 13th June - Wednesday 14th June
- Swimming Program - Whole school - Monday 19th June - Friday 23rd June
This Term the Year 2 students have been writing their own stories, following the structure of
the book Diary of a Wombat by Jacki French. Student’s stories were then made into a book
complete with illustrations. Here are some photos of the students reading their books to
the Foundation students, who thought the books were fantastic!